In the process of submitting a public information request it is important to understand the following:
- There are statutory fees for providing a paper copy made by a County Clerk's office.
- Information requests must be in writing;
- Requests must be addressed to the Officer for Public Information or the chief administrative officer;
- Government bodies are only required to provide documents and other information which is already in existence.
- Requests may be submitted by:
- regular mail: P.O. Box 1148, Houston, TX 77251-1148
- electronic mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- or fax 713 755 9311.
Click HERE to obtain a Public Information Request Form.
For more information call 713. 274.9550.